Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Sixers Bring It Back



The 76ers have just announced that they are returning to the retro logo and uniforms that they sported from 1963-1997 (the season they drafted AI). I have a few theories
1. Maybe Hip-Hop will look less creepy in a different uniform.
2. The brand relaunch is a change in direction so we forget about the Brand that we shouldn't have signed (5 years 80 million) in the first place.
3. The organization unified in an effort to help put the Billy King years behind us.

The change in direction is fine with me, for 10 years Billy King did everything in his power to make the Philadelphia 76ers a loosing organization; i.e. Derrick Coleman, and Keith Van Horn (two of the worst 1st overall draft picks ever), Glenn Robinson, Chris Webber, the desire to trade away every 1st round draft pick, and the list goes on. He was one of the most inept basketball GM's ever, whose only good moves were drafting Young Thad, and Allen Iverson (watch that). But whatever the reason, all I know is I can't wait to buy by my Black and Gold A.I. throwback in about 15 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment